The Al Jalila Children’s Genomics Centre is a state-of-the-art unit that was created to offer a wide range of genetic testing and counselling services, thus filling a notable gap in the region for such a facility in view of the global increasing demand for genetic testing. The Genomics Centre at Al Jalila Children’s possesses cutting-edge technologies capable of conducting sophisticated genetic testing. Additionally, a team of highly specialised, Western board-certified team of physicians oversee and run the Centre.
What Makes Us Different?
- The only advanced genomic sequencing diagnostics in the UAE and the region with a focus on pediatric disorders
- Our laboratory has passed CAP inspections which is considered the gold standard for laboratory medicine
- The first clinical genomics facility in the UAE to establish in-house bioinformatics and interpretation pipelines following the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) standards
- The Genetics Laboratory is part of a full-fledged world-class hospital where every patient is assessed by a multidisciplinary and highly experienced paediatric consulting team that offers a 360-degree evaluation and treatment under one roof, resulting in a definitive and clear medical solution
- A Genetic Counseling Core to assist clinicians and families in understanding all aspects of genetic testing (ordering, billing, consenting, recurrence risk assessment, result disclosure, family planning)
- Al Jalila Children’s is one of the few centres in the region to staff American-board-certified genetic counsellor
For more information on the Genomics Centre, visit http://www.genomics.ae/