The Paediatric Aerodigestive Clinic at Al Jalila Children’s is the only multidisciplinary programme in the UAE that includes paediatric specialists in pulmonology, ENT, gastroenterology, anesthesiology, feeding, swallowing and nutrition. Aerodigestive disorders are conditions that affect both the pulmonary and gastrointestinal systems. These conditions are generally complex and require a multidisciplinary approach to their management.
Al Jalila Children’s provides:
- Review of records prior to arrival from previous clinic visits and evaluation (if records are made available).
- Comprehensive single centre visit on the same day with experts in pulmonary, ENT, gastroenterology, nutrition, speech and language pathology, occupational therapy and other services as needed. If a procedure is deemed necessary, anesthesiology assessment can also be conducted.
- We provide coordinated procedures involving multiple specialities to avoid need and risk of multiple sedation and anaesthesia exposures.
- Various testing including blood work, X-rays, CT-scans, pulmonary function test, nutrition or speech evaluation can be conducted on the same day before or after the visit to optimise the child’s visit.
- A well-documented and comprehensive written communication plan will be sent to the child’s primary care provider and the referring physician or paediatrician.
- Patient and family education.
- We are motivated to improve medical care and quality outcomes for patients with complex aerodigestive problems.
Our core team consists of dedicated and highly-skilled physicians, therapists, nurses and other health care professionals, including experts in:
- Paediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine
- Paediatric Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Paediatric Gastroenterology
- Speech Pathology
- Occupational Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Social Work